Friday 2 December 2011

Day 2 of the 30 Day Book Talk...




A book that you've read more than three times


Jo's Choice

Once again, I'm faced with a difficult dilemma, as even though I'm not a committed re- reader, there are certain books that I have read more than 3 times, and some of them will feature heavily in this 30day challenge - 

These are some of the ones I've read more than three times:

  • The Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon
  • The Lady of Hay, and The Kingdom of Shadows by Barbara Erskine
  • Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
  • Far from the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy


Today's Choice is The Lady of Hay by Barbara Erskine


This book was first published twenty-five years ago, and in 2011 it has been reissued in its anniversary year with a new cover and is also available as an e book for the first time.


Harper Collins
1996




This was my first introduction to Barbara Erskine's excellent writing.


I read Lady of Hay when it was first published in 1986. The quality of the writing is superb , and the depth of reader involvement in the story is something that has been maintained throughout every single Barbara Erskine book. Looking at the twenty fifth anniversary edition , it appears that this book has stood the test of time and deservedly so...


Jo Clifford is a journalist, who when assigned to look into the subject of reincarnation decides to take part in past life regression therapy. A first sceptical, she begins to experience some unusual thoughts and memories and finds that she is reliving a past life,a medieval life that was fraught with danger ,intrigue and political skulduggery.


Beautifully written with a skill that has you hanging on to every word, this book has kept me reading long into the night on many occasions. And each time I re-read it , I enjoy it just a little bit more.


Jaffa's choice








This is my favourite series of books. Perfect size for dipping a paw into now and again. I love reading about my favourite characters - Septi and little Otto, and the lovely setting of Moon Cottage brings the story alive.


Septi is my hero  he is witty and wise - just like me......
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - Jaffareadstoo appreciates your interest.