Tuesday 21 August 2012

Review~ Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1)





Abby Abernathy is one of the good college girls; she doesn’t smoke or drink, so when she attracts the attention of bad boy Travis Maddox, her initial reaction is to resist his charms. What then follows is a ‘will they, won’t they ‘ type of relationship, with both Abby and Travis unable to deny that the attraction they have for each other is real, and filled with passion.

I thought that at times the storyline faltered and became rather repetitive, and there were bouts of uncontrolled violence from Travis which I found difficult to rationalise. The burgeoning relationship between Travis and Abby was questionable at times, but there was certainly enough thwarted romance and sizzling passion between them.


Overall, this wasn’t a book for me to enjoy. Maybe, it was because I don’t fit into its targeted YA audience, but also I think because after 50 or so pages into the book, I just didn’t care enough for any of the characters or feel any emotional involvement with them.




My thanks to Simon and Schuster and Netgalley for a digital copy to review.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - Jaffareadstoo appreciates your interest.