Friday 29 November 2013

In conversation with Jane B. Night....

I am delighted to welcome to Jaffareadstoo

Jane B. Night



Author of

17668902
Published by Jane B Night
March 2013



*~Welcome Jane~*

What is it about your writing that will pique the reader’s interest?

I think that readers always enjoy a good story and lovable characters. I strive for that above all else. I also try to make my stories comfortable to read but different from other books the reader has read. 
Educating Autumn is a love story that is also a social commentary. It is primarily about a man and a woman falling in love with each other. But, on a deeper level it deals with women's rights and gender roles in society. 


What can you tell us about Educating Autumn that won't give too much away?

Educating Autumn is a romance that takes place in the future but has the feel of a historic romance. 
Autumn is sold to Orion as her wife and she has no idea why he wants her when other men don't. At first, she is terrified of him. But, slowly, she finds that he is exactly the right man for her to love.


 When do you find the time to write, and do you have a favourite place to do your writing?

I work full time and am a busy mom so writing time is hard to come by.
I usually arrive an hour early at work and sit in the cafeteria to write. I write on my lunch break as well. Editing is usually done in the evenings if my kids are absorbed in Sesame Street or Barney.


The book world is very competitive – how do you get your book noticed?

I write a book I hope people will enjoy. I give out free copies through giveaways and I hope that people will enjoy my book so much that they recommend it to friends.


Have you always wanted to be a writer?  

Yes. I wrote my first romance "novel" when I was in fourth grade.  



Which writers have inspired you?

 I love so many writers. My biggest influences have been Mary Balogh, Virginia Henley, Anne Rice, and Janette Oke.

*~*


Thank you Jo for the questions!
Jane



It's been a delight to feature Jane on our blog. Jaffa and I wish you much success with your writing career


***

My thoughts on Educating Autumn


Educating Autumn is set some time in the future when the world has been devastated by World War III.  In the aftermath of this war only 1000 people survive to break away and form three new countries. In one of these countries, Josiathan, the belief is that the war was caused by the sinfulness of women, and because of this the women are kept largely suppressed. Born into this society, Autumn Clare, begins to question this authority and is determined to stand up for herself. When she is sold in marriage to Orion, a man who she has never met, Autumn has to learn not just to adjust, but also to risk trusting in someone else.

I liked the premise of the story, and even though it is set sometime in a distant future, it is not too futuristic to become unbelievable. The author has created a credible world and has explored a place where the repression of women is considered entirely normal. I liked how she developed her main characters and as the story progresses a real rapport starts to develop between Autumn and Orion, and it becomes interesting to see how their relationship will develop.

Overall, this is an interesting and credible debut novel and I am sure that the author will continue to go from strength to strength in subsequent writing.


**There is a free promotion  of Jane's latest book Singing the Last Song during the weekend of 29/30 November on Amazon.com**

***

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - Jaffareadstoo appreciates your interest.