Saturday 15 March 2014

Review ~ Before Jamaica Lane by Samantha Young

19756220
Penguin Books
January 2014


One simple lesson in seduction between two friends can turn into so much more… 


Before Jamaica Lane sees the friends-to-lovers story of Olivia Holloway and Nate Sawyer. Olivia beautiful but emotionally insecure needs the charismatic Nate to give her the sexual confidence she feels she needs in order to pursue her own relationships, but of course the sizzling chemistry between the two of them reaches boiling point very quickly. What then follows is a steamy story with some soul searching about past life events both of which threaten to engulf this lovely young couple. The other characters which have featured in the previous two books give their usual supporting role but this book is really all about Nate and Olivia.

I feel rather like I have come a bit too late to the party with this series of books as this is now the third in the successful On Dublin Street series of steamy romances which take place in Edinburgh. This is the second book which I have read and reviewed for the publisher and whilst I have enjoyed the way in which the author manipulates the characters and blends sweet romance nicely with erotica I do feel that I have lost something by reading the stories in a disjointed way.

All I'm saying is that this series is best enjoyed from the beginning and I am sure that Samantha Young's legions of fans will devour Before Jamaica Lane in one sitting.



My thanks to Penguin for my review copy of this book.

*~*~*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - Jaffareadstoo appreciates your interest.